Secure land with just a 5% Deposit^ | Learn More

Building a Home? 5 Experts Every Homebuyer Needs to Know

Buying your land and building your dream home is actually pretty simple when you know the right people. There are 5 experts in particular who can make the process run smoothly and hassle-free.

Mortgage Broker

A mortgage broker will find the best home loan for your needs. We all know about ‘The Big 4’ banks, but there are literally dozens of providers out there, all eager for your business and all with something a bit different to offer.

Your mortgage broker will know them all, have good professional relationships with many, and be able to find that finance needle in the haystack of lenders you’re looking for.

This is probably the first person you should call, as your mortgage broker will also be able to help you figure out your budget based on your deposit and how much money you can borrow.

Estate Manager

High quality residential property developments such as Riverhills will have an Estate Manager on hand as an aide for homebuyers.

Your Estate Manager will generally be a licensed real estate expert who knows the intricacies of real estate transactions and has a complete understanding of the development project, from the latest land releases to the house and land packages available.

We know that our Riverhills Estate Manager, Santo, is a walking encyclopaedia on all things Riverhills, which makes him an invaluable resource on your homebuying journey!


There are many legal aspects to buying a home, from preparing, verifying and lodging the various documents to preparing the property for settlement. It’s your conveyancer’s job to provide advice and manage the transfer of property ownership.

Conveyancers must be accredited and licensed, and in some states (such as Queensland) they must also be solicitors, however, this is not the case in Victoria.

A good conveyancer can:

  • Reassure you that the Contract of Sale is exactly as it appears.
  • Provide expert advice and explain each step of the process (however you should note that only a solicitor can provide legal advice).
  • Stick to unmoveable timelines to ensure you are not at risk of losing your deposit (or worse!).
  • Offer you a fixed rate for their services and a clear cost breakdown.

You’ll need to find a conveyancer as soon as – or even before – you start the purchasing process.

Builder’s Consultant

At Riverhills we’ve partnered with some of Australia’s most respected builders to offer homebuyers a range of unique and affordable house and land packages.

A house and land package is a great way to streamline the process of purchasing your land and building your dream home. And with so many home designs to choose from, you’re bound to find the perfect solution for your family’s needs.

When you do, your chosen builder will provide a consultant to help guide you through the planning process, listen to your needs, provide advice and basically try to ensure that your final design is exactly what you want.

Construction Supervisor

You’ve found your perfect plot of land and decided on your dream home design. Congratulations! Now it’s time to start building, and your builder will provide a construction supervisor to oversee the works.

Your construction supervisor will be a huge help, managing all the trades required to build your home and making sure deadlines and budgets are met. Another important aspect of the job is ensuring the workplace is safe.

Most importantly, your construction supervisor will be your point of contact, able to keep you up to date on the building’s progress at each stage of the process, right up until handover.